The primary purpose of the Design Engineer Intern position is to determine, verify and produce all the necessary drawing details required to manufacture the products provided by IMG.
- Create production ready drawings by interpreting design concepts
- Maintain engineering designs consistent with economical production methods
- Evaluates design(s) for structural integrity
- Proactively research and integrate new materials and technology into the products that IMG manufactures.
- Coordinate and lead prototype efforts for new products
- Collaborate with IMG team members to improve processes and procedures used within the company
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical/Industrial)
- Proficient in Solid Works with AutoCad experience.
- Understanding of Aluminum/Steel/Plastic Materials
- Understanding of Structural and Functional design
- Experience working with CNC Routers and Breaks
- Experience working with 3D Printing equipment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to maintain schedules
- Ability to be a problem solver and solution provider
- Minimum 20 hours per week
- Flexible between the hours of 7:00 am-5:00 pm
Resume Submission: Please complete the following information